Pixi Vitamin-C Tonic vs. Aldi Lacura Healthy Glow Vitamin C Toner

 Pixi Vitamin-C Tonic


I am always instantly drawn to all of the Pixi products due to their gorgeous bottles and packaging. However, after reading about the benefits of incorporating Vitamin C into your skincare routine, I knew I had to try this product! The smell of it is gorgeous - I love to use this after I’ve cleansed in the morning as it makes me feel so awake. I usually suffer from hormonal problem skin around my chin area and I found that applying a little bit of the Vitamin C tonic on a cotton pad worked wonders at keeping my spots under control and reducing scarring from previous spots. The Vitamin C tonic doesn’t irritate my skin, like some other tonics/toners would. I tried the smaller 100ml bottle, which retails at £10 but I will definitely be repurchasing the larger bottle soon which retails at £18 for the 250ml bottle.

For anyone who is a student, you can register your Boots Advantage card to receive 10% student discount when shopping in store and online by showing a valid student ID at the till – who doesn’t love a wee discount?!

Purchase link - Boots

Aldi Lacura Healthy Glow Vitamin C Toner



Again, I was drawn to this product due to the packaging looking extremely similar to the Pixi ones. I couldn’t help but pick it up, at only £3.49 for a 250ml bottle – wow! I used this product exactly the same way as I used the Pixi tonic, however I didn’t feel as though I saw the same results - in fact, I didn’t notice any difference at all after using this product, which was slightly disappointing… I also felt that this toner made my skin tingle slightly and made it itchy. After a couple of weeks of trying this I decided to stop using it as I didn’t think it was doing anything for me. This could have been down to me having a bad experience with the toner due to my skin being so sensitive – it’s worth trying out yourself, especially with the price being so affordable!

Aldi do have other toners such as a salicylic acid tonic, acacia collagen tonic and the glycolic exfoliating tonic for anyone who thinks these might suit their skin better!

Purchase link - Aldi

Click here to read more about the next Aldi Dupe! 😊

Comments

  1. I bought the Aldi one too and I wouldn't buy it again. My skin just felt tight and not pleasant. I have tried the pixi tonic and it is great. It smells great! It is a bit pricey but it lasts quite a while so I think it is worth the money.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Moisturising Facial Wash vs. Aldi Lacura Moisturising Face Wash

Simple Biodegradable Cleansing Wipes vs. Aldi Lacura Eco Biodegradable Hydrating Facial Cleansing Wipes (Coconut scent)

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser Cleanse & Polish vs. Aldi Lacura Vitamin C Hot Cloth Cleanser